Extensive campaign leads to the best summer of sales.
With a 60 year history and leading national grocery sales, Topps Meat Company sought enhanced market share with new product offerings, expansion into food service and growth of its core line. Marketing materials were dated.
JFG created a marketing plan and conducted focus groups and product taste tests in key geographic areas. JFG developed new packaging, ads, brochures, inserts, in-store displays and launched a coupon program that reached over 20 million consumers.
- In 2 months, sales increased 11% over the same period a year prior.
- A coupon program drew purchases from 7% of previously competitive customers.
- The brand reached new markets and the new look was well received.
- Unfortunately, a Topps product recall caused the company's closure.
- During the recall JFG provided crisis public relations management services, handled all media inquiries and provided customer support for consumers with affected products.
- The purchaser of the Topps brand, Hickory Foods - Topps' largest competitor, has contracted JFG to re-launch the brand based on the work for Topps.
"Your ability to put together a comprehensive couponing and point-of-sale promotional program was most impressive. No one in the frozen retail hamburger category had ever attempted it and we relied heavily on your expertise to make it all come together. We are most appreciative of the way the agency stood by Topps when we faced the crisis of a major product recall. Your people exhibited the highest levels of professionalism under extreme pressure."
James C. DelZoppo, Principal and Senior Vice President
Strategic Investments & Holdings